Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Almost 25 weeks!

Baby Bailey is growing by the day!  It is truly amazing to watch my belly get bigger and bigger as each day goes by.  This little one is still so very active.  I call s/he "baby kicks a lot" because that is exactly what it does!  I'm loving feeling all of the movement, it is a feeling that is undescribable unless you have had a human growing inside of you.  This part of pregnancy is just awesome.  Big enough to be showing, not too big to be uncomfortable.  I better enjoy it while it lasts!

We went to see Olivia last Monday when I was 23 weeks 3 days.  I weighed in at 138, total weight gain of 11 lbs.  I wasn't that terribly surprised because I have been eating out of control.  I was measuring right at 23.5 weeks according to the tape measure, which is great.  Anatomy scan of baby Bailey came back perfect.  Heartrate was 160 bpm, everything looked just right.  I scheduled my next appointment & glucose test for Wednesday Dec. 26.  I better watch what I eat on Christmas so my blood sugar isn't too sky high.  Thanksgiving has already come and gone.  We went to visit Cathy & Gaylon for the holiday, it was nice.  Always nice to get away and take some time off of work.  Christie & the kids came, we got to visit with Jimmy & Melanie a lot, it was nice.  I spent time cooking, reading, and relaxing.  And eating...did I mention eating?  I have not been eating as well as I should be.  I have good days and bad days.  I weighed yesterday and figured I would have hit 140 lbs.  Some how, by the miracle of God, I was 137.  I don't know how, but I will take it! : )  Christmas is right around the corner, I can't believe it.  We are really having a low key Christmas this year, keeping the spending down to a minimum.  I am just looking forward to spending time with family and friends, and being thankful.  That is what it's all about.  It's hard to believe that next year we will have a 9 month old crawling around.  9 months?!?!  Wow. 

Baby Bailey's nursery is getting ready to be "put together" in the very near future.  Mason is coming over next weekend to put in the floors.  Lisa and Terry are working on the crib skirt this coming weekend.  The crib is waiting on us to be picked up. We bought a dresser that we are going to refinish on craigslist for $65.  Any deal we can find, we will take!  I can't wait until it's all put together, when that happens I will know that meeting my sweet baby is just around the corner.  Looking forward to all of the wonderful things that 2013 has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment