Friday, December 14, 2012

Tis' the Season!

Wow, time is really flying!  I can't believe that we will be meeting our little one face to face in approximately 13 weeks!  Holy smokes.  I am getting ready to enter the last and final phase of this pregnancy, the third trimester.  I am still feeling really good!  My energy level is still the same and I've been making sure to still hit the gym at least 5x/week.  Sometimes when I wake up in the mornings I forget that I'm pregnant until I look in the mirror & think, "wow, look at that belly!"  I'm definately growing...every single day.  I don't feel too big yet, although there is no doubt that I am pregnant.  I am still enjoying this time, I think the 20's (of weeks, that is) is going to be the best time of this pregnancy.  Baby "Kicks" has to be the most active little one on the entire planet.  S/he lets me know that they are alive and well numerous times during the day and night.  It is still so foreign to watch my stomach contort in ways I never thought possible when "Kicks" is changing positions or throwing me an elbow.  It is simply amazing.  My weight was 139.8 this morning (yay!  still in the 130's!)  That is putting my total weight gain, thus far, at a little over 12 lbs at 27 weeks. I can't complain about that!  Sleeping has been pretty good for the most part, sometimes it is hard to get comfortable.  Thank goodness for my Boppy pregnancy pillow, it makes side sleeping more bearable.  I'll be looking forward to sleeping on my back after little one arrives.  I have been having some severe cravings lately!  First of all, the thing that I crave more than anything, is puppy chow.  That shit is like crack.  Not the puppy chow dog food, but the Crispix cereal coated in butter, peanut butter, and chocolate and then shaken in powdered sugar.  It's crunchy, sweet, and freakin' to die for.  This baby LOVES it.  I swear I can taste it in my mouth now, but I refuse to make it.  I've already made 3 batches and I haven't even began baking any of my other Christmas sweet treats.  I'm sure before it's all over and done with, "Kicks" will get some more puppy chow goodness.  Also, I am in love with Horizon 1% organic chocolate milk.  I could drink about the entire half gallon in one sitting, but I try and refrain.  It just tastes so delicious.  Those are about the only serious cravings I have.  I could care less about ice cream or pickles, just give me the chocolate milk and puppy chow and no one get's hurt.  : )  Have I mentioned lately how wonderful my husband is?  I seriously do have the greatest husband on Earth.  He steps up to the plate more and more everyday without me even asking.  He cleans, cooks at least 2 meals per week, and takes care of me (rubs my feet, brushes my hair, rubs my back) all without complaint.  What did I do to deserve such a wonderful husband?!  I am just BEYOND thankful for him!

Side note: The floor is DONE in the baby's room!  It looks so good!  Everything is cleared out and the oversized rocker has found it's permanent home in the there.  We are waiting to pick up the crib this weekend.  We need to get to work on refinishing the dresser, but that will most likely happen after the Holidays.  We also found a bookshelf at Target for $89 that we might just have to have.  I can't wait to see the bedding that Lisa and Mrs. Terry are working on, I know it's going to be just right.  After that arrives, then I need a rug and some throw pillows to pull it all together.  No rush, I've still got 3 months of "putting it together".  Will try and update the blog with pictures in the very near future.  P.S. - glucose test is on Dec. 26, fingers crossed all will go well!  Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment