Thursday, January 3, 2013

30 weeks!

Wow wee....time is really flying by!  It is so hard to believe that we only have 10 weeks left until our little one makes their debut.  Christmas & New Years have came and gone.  This was, by far, the most laid back Christmas we have ever had.  We had dinner with my family on Christmas Eve in Mom and Wayne's new house, that was really nice.  Christmas morning David and I woke up and had crockpot oatmeal with cinnimon rolls, while watching The Polar Express.  It was really nice and low key.  We actually slept in until 8:40 a.m.!  I know that it will be the last Christmas morning for a LONG time that we get that much sleep.  David bought me new windsheild wipers for the van and I had his front windows tinted in the 4-Runner, that was the extent of our present exchange.  Mom and Wayne got us an incredible camera that we are so excited about.  We can't wait to take pictures of the little one with a good quality camera, we are so thankful for that present!  We are trying to save the majority of our money for the upcoming things needed for the "baby fund".  We still owe Olivia $1000 by the 36 week mark (thankfully we have $800 already!), we start our birthing classes Wednesday ($150), and we have to purchase our birthing kit ($160) within the next few weeks. Things add up so quickly! 

I had an appointment with Olivia on Wednesday Dec. 26th for my glucose screening.  Thank goodness everything went well and I tested negative for gestational diabetes.  I weighed in at 143, putting my total weight gain at 16 lbs thus far.  I am surprised I didn't weigh more, especially with that other batch of puppy chow I made and all of the other delicious food I devowered over the Holidays.  I have been fighing a cough and congestion for the past few weeks, so I have not been to the gym since before Christmas.  I plan on going back full force on Monday.  I miss it.  Olivia said that I was measuring right on track and that my iron looked great.  Yay!  We now are starting to see Olivia every 2 weeks.  Our next appointment is on Monday, I'm thankful David can go with me.  He was unable to go to the last appointment because I had to schedule it for the a.m.  I have been reading my birthing books like a mad woman!  I am trying to prepare myself as much as possible, 10 weeks is no time at all.   We got the crib set up in the nursery, it looks great!  It is really coming together, slowly but surely.  Tonight Mom and Bridget came over to watch the documentary, The Business of Being Born.  I wanted them to get a different perspective on home birth, it is very informative.  They both seemed to appreciate and enjoy it.

I've been feeling pretty good for the most part.  My tummy is growing, and things that weren't hard before are definately becoming more challenging.  My energy level is still pretty good.  My lower back and tail bone have been consistently sore, although I don't think there is anything I can do about that.  My boobs (especially my nipples) have become more tender.  Baby Bailey is still very active, I can feel s/he move all of the time.  I am sleeping pretty good, sometimes when I wake up I have a hard time going back to sleep.  All in all, things are well!  Will fill in more next time, getting ready to hit the sack.  Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment